RE: [ontac-forum] Type vs. Class - last chance to vote.

To: ONTAC-WG General Discussion <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Smith, Barry" <phismith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:20:20 +0100
Cory suggests:    (01)

>lets decide on our language before having 100 emails on each of many
>terms that is well defined in that language.    (02)

Unfortunately the existing languages were developed and documented
for quite different purposes and quite different communities. Their
definitions do not satisfy the sorts of standards placed on ontology
work -- sometimes because they are confused; sometimes because they
are defining terms (like 'class') as these terms are used in
logico-linguistic contexts, rather than in ontological contexts.
BS    (03)