RE: Intension and Extension (Was RE: [ontac-forum] Type vs. Class -lastc

To: "'ONTAC-WG General Discussion'" <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Cory Casanave" <cbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:56:17 -0500
Re CBC> * A concept for a kind/classification/type of things - rabbit    (01)

I am assuming from what you say that 'concepts' are in our mind - and that
this is the mechanism we use to deal with general things. This is a key
metaphysical choice with architectural consequences - the problem is that it
is not the only or the obvious choice.    (02)

[CBC] I was not suggesting it is the only choice, it is a choice, and as
such a valid "concept about concept" that we can record in our ontology and
have terms for.  There seems to be a need to define an all encompassing
"correct" set of concepts rather than figure out how various concepts
relate.    (03)

-Cory    (04)