ontac-dev

RE: [ontac-dev] Type vs. Class -- Please vote

To: "'ONTAC Taxonomy-Ontology Development Discussion'" <ontac-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Cory Casanave" <cbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:12:52 -0500
That is what some of us refer to as "concept", a single meaning that can
have multiple terms/symbols.  Some people don't seem to like the concept of
concept but I would think it crucial for disambiguating the multiple
meanings and context.
While this is a US centric group, we should also consider that there are
2000 other natural languages in the world, some that would call into
question the way we structure information.  We should be able to have an
ontology that has multi-national terminology referencing common concepts.
-Cory