ontac-dev

RE: [ontac-dev] Type vs. Class -- Please vote

To: ONTAC Taxonomy-Ontology Development Discussion <ontac-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:31:47 -0500
Patrick -    (01)

> The word "process" has been used, I think, in at least three different
> senses in different ontologies,
>    (02)

Why do we have to settle on a single meaning for a term/phrase?    (03)

Can't there be multiple meanings... like in the real world.    (04)

Only concession we'd need to make is to have a mechanism that EXPLICITLY
states the context which then indicates which meaning is meant... just
like in the real world.    (05)

Surely we're not going down the road of one word = one meaning across
all contexts?    (06)

- David    (07)