ontac-dev

RE: [ontac-dev] Type vs. Class -- Please vote

To: ONTAC Taxonomy-Ontology Development Discussion <ontac-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Smith, Barry" <phismith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:42:06 +0100
At 04:34 AM 1/24/2006, you wrote:
>As a part of the OMG business process metamodel submitters group I can
>report one item that has NO controversy - processes have parts and these
>parts change over time.    (01)

Not quite true, I'm afraid.
Certainly processes have parts (subprocesses).
And which subprocesses of a process are unfolding changes from one
time to another.
But neither a process nor its subprocesses change over time.
This is because a process/subprocess IS a change over time.
It is continuants (objects) which change over time, by undergoing processes.    (02)

BS    (03)