soa-forum

[sicop-forum] The Open Group SOA Ontology

To: soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sicop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Chris Harding <c.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:16:56 +0000
Hello -    (01)

The Open Group is developing a formal ontology for SOA, and we have
now reached the stage where we have a draft that we would like to
share with other organizations that are working on SOA, in order to
obtain feedback and comment. We believe that a common ontology for
SOA can be a very valuable resource for everyone to use, and we
therefore wish to receive input from as wide a constituency as possible.    (02)

I think that this will be of interest to the SICoP as well as the
SOACoP, and we would appreciate input from both groups. This call for
input is going to both lists, and we would appreciate comments from
all members of them, either directly to me (c.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
or to one or both of the lists. (Comments to both lists will generate
the best debate!)    (03)

The current draft is draft 0.6 and is available from our web page at
http://www.opengroup.org/projects/soa-ontology/ together with some
simple example ontologies that import it. Perhaps the best starting
point is the presentation at
http://www.opengroup.org/projects/soa-ontology/doc.tpl?gdid=12153
which I delivered at the recent OMG meeting. This explains the
ontology and how we think it will be used.    (04)

We will produce a new draft in January, and will address the comments
in that draft.    (05)

All the best for Christmas and the New Year!    (06)

Regards,    (07)

Chris
+++++    (08)

Dr. Christopher J. Harding
Forum Director for SOA and Semantic Interoperability
THE OPEN GROUP
Thames Tower, 37-45 Station Road, Reading RG1 1LX, UK
Mailto:c.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Phone (mobile): +44 774 063 1520
http://www.opengroup.org    (09)

Enterprise Architecture Practitioners Conference
Marriott Mission Valley, San Diego, CA, January 29 - 31, 2007
Member Meetings: January 29 - February 2, 2007
<http://www.opengroup.org/sandiego2007/>http://www.opengroup.org/sandiego2007/
TOGAF is a trademark of The Open Group      (010)

Message Archives: http://colab.cim3.net/forum/sicop-forum/
Shared Files: http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/SICoP/
To Post: mailto:sicop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Community Wiki: http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SICoP    (011)