RE: [ontac-forum] Type vs. Class - last chance to vote.

To: "ONTAC-WG General Discussion" <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "West, Matthew R SIPC-DFD/321" <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:15:16 -0000
Dear John,

>   2. The word 'set', as used in all versions of set theory
>      for over a century, refers to the extension.  Since
>      rabbits are notoriously prolific, the set of rabbits
>      at the instant you're reading this sentence is very
>      different from the set at the instant I wrote it.
>      The fact that sets are constantly being replaced by
>      new ones means that sets are not suitable for defining
>      any "meaning" that is supposed to remain constant.

MW: Unless you are a 4 Dimensionalist apparently when
you look at things over all time rather than seeing things in
the present.    (01)

Regards    (02)

Matthew West
Reference Data Architecture and Standards Manager
Shell International Petroleum Company Limited
Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA, United Kingdom    (03)

Tel: +44 20 7934 4490 Mobile: +44 7796 336538
Email: matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.shell.com
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (04)