soa-demo

Re: [soa-demo] Outcome metrics on the SOA demos

To: "[planning for soa-demo]" <soa-demo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'David RR Webber (XML)'" <david@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Niemann. Brand'" <Niemann.Brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 'Thomas Erl' <terl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "G. Thomas" <g.thomas@xxxxxxx>, Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paul Werbos <pwerbos@xxxxxxx>
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:05:32 -0700
Colleagues,    (01)

Pardon my belated reply. Our group is concentrating on other
opportunities at this time, including a possible demonstration of the
pilot project at the  Joint ITU-T/ OASIS Workshop and Demonstration
of Advances in ICT Standards for Public Warning, Geneva, 19-20
October 2006.    (02)

http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/worksem/ictspw/index.html    (03)

Since some of the participants in our collaboratory will be attending
this event, it was not feasible for us to mount a second effort in
the same preparatory time frame in order for us to participate in
this second SOA for E-Government Conference.    (04)

Here is a link to the presentation we gave.    (05)

http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/SOACoP/2006_05_2324/RBrooks05222006.ppt    (06)

Unfortunately, we did not record, nor would a recording adequately
show the implementation demonstration of the alerting network which
was also conducted as part of the first SOA for E-Government
Conference.    (07)

http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FourthSemanticInteroperabilityforEGovernmentConference_2006_2_0910#nid31LS    (08)

We realize  this is not the same as rigorous write-up of scientific
experiment, however, we are focused on the implementation of rapid
first response more than SOA per se, though several of us also
participate in the OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee. We
all have our limitations, and these are the choices we have made.    (09)

Also, we are actively pursuing a course that will put the pilot
prototype network, Web Services Registry for the domains of Emergency
Management and Health Informatics, applications, and other
participant services of the collaboratory group into operational
production status.    (010)

Thanks for the interest, and we hope to have more time available for
a third SOA for E-Goverment Conference.    (011)

Wishing you all the best,
Rex    (012)

--
Rex Brooks