ontac-dev

RE: [ontac-dev] Representation of attributes

To: ONTAC Taxonomy-Ontology Development Discussion <ontac-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Smith, Barry" <phismith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 11:05:10 -0500
At 10:45 AM 2/1/2006, you wrote:
>It seemed obvious to me, however a few weeks ago someone disagreed, and
>stated that processes cannot change.    (01)

This is right. Processes cannot change. Because processes ARE changes.    (02)

>   If they have different sub processes,
>each with a different set of identifiable attributes (contributing to
>differences in the process), does this not mean that the process can (and
>does) change over it's duration?    (03)

Matthew changes as he grows older.
First he is a child. This means that he is a participant in that part
of his life (subprocess) called his childhood.
Then he (the same he) is an adult. This means that he is a
participant in that part of his life (subprocess) called his adult.
The whole process which is his life has (at least) these two parts.    (04)

BS    (05)