soa-forum

RE: [soa-forum] Next level

To: "Service-Oriented Architecture CoP" <soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Paul S Prueitt" <psp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:56:31 -0600
Joe

Sorry, you are right.  Everyone should be able to charaterize their position and not have a characterization imposed by someone else.

The issue was that CIO Council leadership often states that nothing can be done that is "beyond the horizon" and then define "byond the horizon" as anything not specified by sponsors.

Cory does not do this all the time either, but it was a note form him earilier where this expressions was used (if I remeber correct).

On the last post I made, and I do appologize for monopoloizing the discussion, I need to make a correct to how I responded to Andrews note

the correct should start with

It was suggested:

I think in either the approach you mention or what I'm trying to suggest, the most important thing is:

                  start from the business requirements

After that, you can attack the implementation in whatever way makes sense.

I agree in principle, but one has to be sure that the business requirements reflect true market needs.

as is reflected now at: