soa-forum

RE: [soa-forum] Hosting of SOA-CoP Demo Portal/Registry

To: "'Farrukh Najmi'" <Farrukh.Najmi@xxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Service-Oriented Architecture CoP' <soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Cory Casanave" <cbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:27:20 -0500

Farrukh,

We would like to have a .gov address for the running demo web site (I assume there would be one), registry and perhaps the “community” role.  This may or may not be the same place we keep the project development assets.  My guess is the GSA portal will not be sufficiently mature to replace sourceforge but lets find out.  What they currently have up is the jBoss portal and application server.

Unless there turns out to be all the pieces (the ones you have listed) ready to go on jBoss, we should probably use sourceforge.

As to what will be on sourceforge – I haven’t expected that much would need to be developed at the community level – primarily the model and ws-* specifications.  This part must be open and available.  Implementation of any of the components may or may not be open source – if they were open it would make sense to put them on the same place.

Thanks!

-Cory