[ontac-forum] Re: owl:Class and owl:Thing

To: "Hans Teijgeler" <hans.teijgeler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: semantic-web@xxxxxx, ONTAC-WG General Discussion <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:37:45 +0300
''What exactly did you have in mind when you referred to "n-relational
ontology of things"? <HT/>    (01)

Hans:    (02)

Relations should be analyzed not only with respect to the number of terms
they connect and formal properties as cardinality, symmetry, transitivity,
reflexivity. This is all the subject of a formal relational logic. As old as
Russell statement that 'every proposition should be regarded as expressing a
relation between two and more things', like in the from R(x, y, z,...).
Above all, relationship should be considered with respect to the nature and
meanings of its components; for it is a real entity (like causality and
space-time relations) rather then an idea, although expressed by verbs and
propositions and abstract nouns and relational adjectives. Thus here comes
''n-relational ontology of entities''.    (03)

Regards,
Azamat Abdoullaev
http://www.eis.com.cy

>>> class. For example, if you use it as the object of an rdf:type statement