Re: [ontac-forum] Re: owl:Class and owl:Thing

To: ONTAC-WG General Discussion <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Cabral <jcabral@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:28:27 -0500 (CDT)

http://www.ditext.com/russell/rus9.html    (01)

In that passage, Russell is arguing for multiple classes of universals.
So, if a computational ontology were to represent universals as
predicates, an application of Russell's observations would entail that not
all universals are monadic (applying to a single entity) nor are they all
relational (applying to several entities).    (02)

With a slightly less creative use of brackets as the one below, we could
quote Russell as saying that there are only non-relational universals...    (03)

"every proposition can be regarded as attributing a property to a single
thing"    (04)

Best,
John    (05)

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Azamat wrote:    (06)

John Cabral    (09)

Cycorp
3721 Executive Center Drive
Suite 100