Re: [ontac-forum] Re: owl:Class and owl:Thing

To: "Paul S Prueitt" <psp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: semantic-web@xxxxxx, Hans Teijgeler <hans.teijgeler@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ONTAC-WG General Discussion <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Frank Manola <fmanola@xxxxxxx>, seanb@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Danny Ayers" <danny.ayers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 03:54:26 +0200
On 4/7/06, Paul S Prueitt <psp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (01)

danny -
> "The domain-independence of languages like RDF/OWL could be applied to
> many realities, without any need to commit to any particular model.
> Isn't that an advantage?"    (02)

paul -
> are you not aware that a central point of contention is about anyone's blank
> assertion that RDF/OWL is domain independant.    (03)

No, I'm not aware of any such. But I've been around forums like this
long enough to realise that you're not going to achieve a radical
shift of viewpoint without demonstrable results from the alternate
approach. Running code is mightier than the word. Please excuse me
while I get on with it.    (04)

Cheers,
Danny.    (05)

http://dannyayers.com    (07)