ontac-dev

RE: Categorization (was RE: [ontac-dev] Representation of attributes)

To: "Chris Menzel" <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>, "ONTAC Taxonomy-Ontology Development Discussion" <ontac-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "West, Matthew R SIPC-DFD/321" <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:55:39 -0000
Dear Chris,    (01)

> > > An instance of a Type is not the same as a member of a
> mathematical
> > > set.
>
> More exactly, I think: the instance_of relation between
> things and types
> is a different relation from the membership relation between
> things and
> sets.

I asked this question before and didn't get an answer. Could
you explain please what the difference is between the instance_of
relation and the membership relation?    (02)

Regards    (03)

Matthew West
Reference Data Architecture and Standards Manager
Shell International Petroleum Company Limited
Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA, United Kingdom    (04)

Tel: +44 20 7934 4490 Mobile: +44 7796 336538
Email: matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.shell.com
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (05)