Re: [ontac-forum] Surveyed Ontology "Library" Systems

To: ONTAC-WG General Discussion <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: richard murphy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:35:29 -0400
Hi Barry & All:    (01)

I enjoyed reading Concepts and Ontologies this afternoon and support
separating concepts from their representation.    (02)

I would also refer those who are interested to additional reading that
further develops this distinction.    (03)

http://www.cse.ucsd.edu/users/goguen/pps/iccs05.pdf    (04)

"What is a Concept" provides a unified concept theory that integrates
lattice of theories, formal concept analysis, information flow,
conceptual spaces, and concept integration. Notably, Goguen believes OWL
and description logics are promising application areas in the
realization of unified concept theory.    (05)

--
Best wishes,    (06)

Rick    (07)

email:  rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx