RE: [ontac-forum] Upper ontology / common semantic model

To: "ONTAC-WG General Discussion" <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Cassidy, Patrick J." <pcassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 18:30:28 -0400
Dagobert,
   That looks like an excellent summary of a methodology to find
commonality among the existing UOs.
   I mentioned in a previous note that I though that it might be
helpful to focus initially on that part of existing UOs required to
formalize and relate several existing Knowledge Classifications such as
the UMLS-SN, FEA-RMO top level, and DoD Core Taxonomy top level.  Do
you view such a focus as consistent with the overall plan you describe?    (01)

Pat    (02)

Patrick Cassidy
MITRE Corporation
260 Industrial Way