ontac-dev

[ontac-dev] RE: Before we start...

To: "'John F. Sowa'" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontac-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Cory Casanave" <cbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:11:16 -0500
John,
As one of the smart people I am hopping has or will figure out the unified
logics, I am not surprised you consider it viable.  My concern - one I would
be most happy to be proved wrong about, is that we have a need to define
concepts that are "hard" in FOL and that we may get tied up trying to invent
a new logic or logic of logics.  While on the other hand we could get a
great deal of mileage out of upper ontologies that have the concepts we
need, but perhaps we can't reason over them with the same completeness.    (01)

Is there sufficient foundation that we could start building a lattice of
upper theories?    (02)

-Cory    (03)