itpm-forum

Re: [itpm-forum] Fate of PM CoP

To: "Information Technology Performance Management" <itpm-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Strawn, George O." <gstrawn@xxxxxxx>, bill.vajda@xxxxxx
From: "Kirk Webber" <Kirk.Webber@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:43:21 -0400

 I work as Manager of Policy and Planning in one of the small independent agencies, and I only recently stumbled onto this group.  Part of my job (on paper, anyway) is Performance Management.  In some ways, planning and performance management can be even harder in small agencies than in large ones.  Patrick has already taken time from his busy schedule to share information, ideas, and concepts with me, and it was very helpful to me in my profession.  Not only does this type of information sharing and mentoring expose people to new ideas and concepts that more experienced practitioners can show have worked, but it also helps to circulate these good practices throughout the government.  And it gives people an opportunity to forge or enlarge their network of professional contacts, which is always a good thing.

I know from experience how difficult it is to assemble and maintain a working group across multiple agencies.  However, I think this one would be well worth the effort.  If this group continues, I would like to volunteer my services to help organize, plan, document, whatever is needed.

I’ve also taken the liberty of BCC:’ing some folks I’ve run into at performance conferences and such who may not be aware of this group.  To those folks, if you’re no longer working in this area, or if you’re not interested, just delete my message.

Thanx,

Kirk D. Webber
Manager, Policy and Planning
Office of Information Technology
Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency