etkn-forum

[etkn-forum] FW: 1st Draft and Original Invitation

To: "etkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <etkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Minotti, Jane (DOT)" <jminotti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:42:21 -0400

Here’s another copy of the first draft with the original invitation.  I think we never got beyond the first draft...  We should change this  sentence :

“Essentially all you need to participate is a transportation collection and a willingness to participate.  “

According to our by-laws, a collection isn’t required to participate, (but is required to vote. )

ARTICLE 3 - MEMBERSHIP

Section 1 - Members

Full Member - Any entity with an organized collection of transportation related documents and a staff to access and share said collection, and located within AASHTO Regions 1 and 2 can become a member of the Network. Full members shall have full voting status.

Affiliate Member - Any entity with a substantial stake in the transportation community, with or without an organized collection, located within AASHTO Regions 1 and 2 can request an affiliate status. Affiliate members can contribute to discussions but will not be able to vote.

Friends - Anyone interested in observing the developments and initiatives of the ETKN in order to further the development of their transportation-related organization, and that is located within AASHTO Regions 1 and 2 can become a friend of the Network. While friends do not have voting rights, they are encouraged to participate in discussions, attend meetings, and communicate and collaborate with all other members of the network.