etkn-forum

Re: [etkn-forum] FW: 1st Draft and Original Invitation

To: 'Eastern Transportation Knowledge Network' <etkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matis, Lynn" <LMatis@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:31:56 -0400

I just found the edited version of Carol’s  *(in her words, it’s a less Hallmark version): (Also note that, previously, we were going to send  our replies with a  Transportation Librarian Toolkit which we would have to check if that option is still available, ie. Whether we could get extra copies.)

DRAFT ETKN E-Mail Invitation (2)

Dear Transportation Practitioner:

We would like to extend an invitation for you to join the Eastern Transportation Knowledge Network (ETKN).

ETKN is a group of transportation libraries and information service providers located at state DOTs, universities, and associations in the eastern U.S.  Interested in the coordination of transportation research, we have recently formed to improve our libraries' services.

ETKN was created to support our transportation information infrastructure.  It is especially important now that we preserve and access this crucial transportation-related information as the nation currently invests in our bridges, highways, transit, and railroads and airports.

We hold bi-monthly meetings by telephone, thereby avoiding the need for frequent out-of state meetings.  We have found success in gathering information and coordinating with fellow members and the National Transportation Library. By collaborating as members as a network, we have increased our access to specialized information and increased the value and quality of our services.

Our newly created web-site at http://etkn.org outlines the membership criteria. Essentially, all you need to join is a transportation collection and a willingness to participate.

If you are considering joining, e-mail us back and we will happily send you the recently published Transportation Librarians Toolkit, a resource book especially designed for transportation collections.

Sincerely....

This email/electronic message, including any attached files, is being sent by the MBTA. It is solely intended for the recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure pursuant to state and federal law. If you have received this message in error or are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately by reply, and delete all copies of this email/electronic message and any attached files from your computer. If you are the intended recipient(s), you may use the information contained in this email/electronic message and any attached files only as authorized by the MBTA. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, or disclosure of this email/electronic message and/or its attached files is strictly prohibited.