wtkn-forum

[wtkn-forum] NTL Updates

To: <wtkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: <margaret.hawes.CTR@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:06:26 -0500
Dear WTKN members,    (01)

I won't be able to attend the conference call today, so I wanted to let
you know about some things that are going on at NTL this month.    (02)

1. NTL staff are attending the first International Open Government Data
Conference this week. Follow the hashtag #iogdc on Twitter to get an
idea of what's going on there. Details about the conference are on
http://www.data.gov/conference.    (03)

2. NTL is working with RITA's RD&T office to host their new database
(name to be determined), which will track and report all of the research
projects USDOT provides partial or full funding for (including UTC and
FAA Centers of Excellence grant work). The target is TRB for launching
of the site. Records in this database will be sent to RiP.    (04)

3. Yesterday we held an information session and library tour for DOT
employees.    (05)

4. We're preparing to host summer interns next year. Some of the things
they'll be working on include processing of the DOT Historian's
Collection, cataloging, and special projects in reference. We're also
hosting "alternative spring break" interns, whose tasks will include
developing and updating NTL marketing materials and short-term
cataloging projects.    (06)

5. NTL is excited about the NTKN strategic implementation and goals
document that was distributed for comment today to all of the TKNs and
the AASHTO RAC TKN TF! It's an important step in NTKN development.    (07)

6. NTL is recruiting for a Reference Librarian position, which is now
open on USAJobs. The Job Announcement Number is RITA.BTS-2010-0020.
Check USAJobs for more information and distribute widely.    (08)

Talk to you soon,    (09)

Margaret Hawes
Reference Librarian
National Transportation Library