usaspending-forum

[usaspending-forum] Problems with multiple entities

To: usaspending-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Bob Beattie <beattie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:39:27 -0500
This site is certainly a good start but is hardly complete.  I wanted
to know about awards to the University of Michigan.  In the last year
reported there are 5 different entries:  Regents of the University,
University of Michigan, University of Michigan School of Medicine,
University of Michigan Institute for Social Research, and
University of Michigan School of Public Health.    (01)

I thought the purpose of the program was to show the funds to a
single entity as going to the one legal entity.  The numbers are not
even correct, the University of Michigan School of Medicine is shown
with only $197,505 when it is actually the recipient of the most
funding at the University - many tens of millions    (02)

So something needs to be done to prevent the dispersion of funds in
sub-entities, and show all funding as going to the primary legal entity.    (03)

Who is responsible for fixing errors in the data.    (04)

Bob
Robert Beattie
Managing Senior Project Representative for Electronic Research
Administration
Division of Research Development and Administration
University of Michigan
beattie@xxxxxxxxx   (734) 936-1283
Learn more about Grants.gov @ UMICH
http://www.research.umich.edu/era/grants_gov/    (05)