soa-forum

[soa-forum] DRAFT: SOA CoP Key Messages for the PGFSOA

To: soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Niemann.Brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 21:03:05 -0500

I needed to submit some key messages for meetings on February 9th and 15th for the PGFSOA (see http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PracticalGuideToFederalSOA) and would like to get your feedback.

Thanks, Brand

1. The 2006 SOA CoP history provides important lessons learned.
Lead: Steve Else, SOA CoP Secretariat
Fact Sheet at http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/SOACoP/2006-12-04/SOACoPFactSheet11272006.doc

2. Other CoPs are doing workshops and papers on this subject that will be included (e.g. Track at 3rd SOA for E-Government Conference).
Lead: Eric Newcomer (IONA) and Ken Laskey (MITRE)
Workshop on Web of Services for Enterprise Computing at

http://www.w3.org/2006/10/wos-ec-cfp.html
3rd SOA for E-Government Conference, May 1-2, 2007, at MITRE (subject to final budget approval)
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SOAforEGovernment_2007_05_0102

3. The Phase 3 Super-pilot built on Open Source SOA Infrastructure will include a Federal Jump Start Kit.
Lead: Bob Kilker, IONA
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SOACoPDemo3

4. The focus of our educational efforts is on the business value of SOA in enterprise architecture
Lead: Greg Lomow, BearingPoint
SOA Community of Practice: Do We Have a SOA Business Opportunity for You!
http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/SOACoP/2007-01-29/SOACoP01292007.ppt
SOA Essentials: What Department Heads Need to Know
http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/SOACoP/2007-02-13/SOACoPFCW02132007.ppt

5. The SOA CoP will follow the Best Practices Committee suggested process for developing "best practices"
Lead: Brand Niemann, BPC Secretariat
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BestPracticesCommittee_2007_03_19#nid3F4N