soa-forum

Re: [soa-forum] [sicop-forum] 3rd SOA for E-Government Conference, May 1

To: "Semantic Interoperability Community of Practice" <sicop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Service-Oriented Architecture CoP" <soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <soademo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Cory Casanave" <cory-c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:07:10 -0500
As part of the SOA CoP demo phase three it has been suggested that we utilize the phase2 SOA specification as one of the scenarios.  The subject of this scenario (As suggested by GSA) is loosely coupled employee, financial and program management as would be required when using independent lines of business in support of the federal transition framework.  The opportunity is for SOA vendors and implementers to show how they can leverage the SOA environment based on this scenario, business architecture and the related technical specifications.  Participants may use or implement services to play various roles within the scenario and by doing so show how independent implementations and organizations can collaborate.  Commercial vendors are asked to "show their stuff" in any way related to the scenario.  At the conference the demo would consist of these independent solutions interoperating.

Quite a bit of time was spent nailing down the scenario and specifications which are available here: http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SoaDemoSpec.  We would expect to do a review pass on these but start with this as a baseline and move quickly to implementations (Some of which exist from the last phase).  We could also join this with the open source infrastructure theme, and implement all or part of it using the phase 3 jumpstart kit.  It would be great if we could have some UI so that users could participate in the scenario.

I also have interest in integrating the demo with a semantic based architecture and perhaps integrating some of the semantic wiki work.

This is a call to see who would be interested in participating in this demo scenario - if we see critical mass we will get together and see how we can make this a compelling demo.  Please respond if interested.  I would also appreciate a co-lead on this effort, to help bring it together, make it happen and publicize the effort.

Regards,
Cory Casanave
ModelDriven.org