soa-forum

Re: [soa-forum] October SOA Conference Closing Keynote - Suggestions onT

To: "Service-Oriented Architecture CoP" <soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "ajit kapoor" <ajitorsarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:01:58 -0400
Joe,

Its great that David will be there. I have followed his work now for a long time and have learned a lot of good ideas in the application integration area from his books.

What I would like to ask David is to talk about the pragmatic challenges that we face today in implementing  SOA in the spirit and not just do lip service in the letter of the SOA. SOA is in vogue and like many new concepts it too is being implemented as a suite of products by vendors aided by the ignorance of the IT management. A good example is the productization of ESB...!

One thing we have learned from history is that no company can start from scratch-we have to have a federated model to implement newer architecture integrating with the legacy mess, so how can one implement SOA in a federated manner while maintaining the integrity of SOA?

Thanks
Ajit Kapoor
Chief Architect and Director Lockheed Martin
EIS/CTO
Orlando, FL