soa-forum

RE: [soa-forum] FW: SOA Demo Straw man technical artifacts

To: "Service-Oriented Architecture CoP" <soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Paul S Prueitt" <psp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:38:43 -0600
the purpose of my suggestion is that that "such as" does not have an implied

orchestration of service fulfillment
and
discovery of service elements

demonstration

Joe, to what extent will your specification of a BPEL element to the demo address the orchestration and discovery aspects of SOA?

Will the web service description language (WSDL) use demonstrate an interface to a small ontology?

Might the demo suggest how an ontology interface might be created.....  and might the demo suggest how service discovery might occur in the context of everyday business interactions?

And then lastly, orchestration can be applied to many different aspects of service interactions...  even to the original definition of new services or uniquely specified service request and responses - in real time.

I find the work done by Cory and Joe wonderful.....  and a good basis for extending the demo?