soa-forum

[soa-forum] Interesting comments on community from Aldo de Moor

To: Service-Oriented Architecture CoP <soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Andrew S. Townley" <andrew.townley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 18:39:51 +0100

Hi all,    (01)

Still on the community thread, have a look at
http://growingpains.blogs.com/home/, Aldo de Moor's blog.  In
particular, I think the current post is worth reading:
http://growingpains.blogs.com/home/2006/03/it_takes_at_lea.html as well
as http://growingpains.blogs.com/home/2005/11/divided_communi.html and
http://growingpains.blogs.com/home/2006/01/back_to_the_roo.html.    (02)

I think some of the themes are relevant to trying to place communities
within the context of SOA in addition to the work that de Moor is doing
with the "Pragmatic Web".    (03)

A quote from one of the other posts, "Community Modelling [sic] with
System Dynamics" is quite interesting:    (04)

"This blog is about the evolution of virtual communities. One major
problem with studying (virtual) communities is that by nature their
examination requires a longitudinal approach. A community cannot be
'declared', but needs to grow slowly over time."    (05)

Regards,    (06)

ast
--
Join me in Dubrovnik, Croatia on May 8-10th when I will be speaking at
InfoSeCon 2006.  For more information, see www.infosecon.org.    (07)

Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is
unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any
review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this
message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies
thereof from your system.