soa-forum

[ontac-forum] RE: [soa-forum] SOA Demo - Records Management Option

To: "'Service-Oriented Architecture CoP'" <soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'ONTAC-WG General Discussion' <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Cory Casanave" <cbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:49:30 -0400
Paul,
Your questions/suggestions have to be considered within the multiple
contexts that could apply;    (01)

* Within the context of an SOA demo it would be great for you or any
interested parties to show how the "strings" in a model and/or service
specification can be related to ontologically grounded concepts.  However I
would consider this to be one of the capabilities that would be shown by a
participating entity with respect to the demo specification (still to be
developed) and not necessarily part of the core specification.  The core
specification should be one that can be implemented with off-the-shelf SOA
technologies.  Better implementations (or features) with semantic
technologies are then welcome.    (02)

* With regard to the "real" Records Management specification, that will be
developed in the OMG process as Larry has detailed separately.  The degree
to which that specification will be semantically grounded will be determined
by the RFP (Being written now) and the submitters to that RFP.  To influence
that specification being more semantically grounded you would need to be or
work with an OMG submitter.    (03)

* With regard to where we wish SOA would go and strategies for bringing
together the semantic technologies with SOA, this is a great area that we
are very much interested in.  But, the demo and, I suspect, the records
management standard can't be dependent on something that far over the event
horizon.    (04)