Re:[ontac-forum] Future directions for ontologies and terminologies

To: ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Charles D Turnitsa <CTurnits@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:32:17 -0500
Leo,    (01)

 In your descriptions of both strong and weak taxonomy models, do you see
either as being supportable as a proper tree structure (i.e.- one parent
per child node), or as a more general acyclic directed graph (multiple
parents possible per child node)?    (02)

Also, considering the parent-child relationship, do you see limitations on
the ability for a computational system to reason over such a model, if the
parent-child relationships are intensional vs. extensional (in terms of the
resulting children from the defined relationship)?    (03)

Chuck Turnitsa    (04)

Charles Turnitsa
Lab Manager/Project Scientist
Virginia Modeling, Analysis & Simulation Center
Old Dominion University Research Foundation
7000 College Drive
Suffolk, Virginia 23435
(757) 638-6315 (voice)
(757) 686-6214 (fax)