[ontac-forum] List email style

To: ONTAC-WG General Discussion <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Chris Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:13:47 -0600
On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 11:35:47AM -0500, Roy Roebuck wrote:
> Hi Patrick:
>
> I note that your email editor seems to be set to wrap lines at a preset
> point, thus breaking the hyperlink functionality of the longer URL's you
> include.    (01)

A nice way to avoid this sort of problem is to use TinyURL.com to
shorten long URLs.  For instance, the following URL, which was split in
Pat's msg:    (02)

>  http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/SICoP/ontac/reference/ProtegeOntologies
> /COSMOtopOWL03.owl    (03)

can now be referenced with http://tinyurl.com/dxgvn.  You can add a
toolbar button in your browser that will generate a TinyURL from a
highlighted URL in a web page.  There are also a number of little
utilities for generating them as well (e.g., there's a nice OS X
Dashboard widget for this).    (04)

Solicitously,    (05)

-chris    (06)