geo-forum

Re: [geo-forum] Learning Objectives for EA 2005 Conference Session on NG

To: geo-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Brian.Cullis@xxxxxxx, Sullivan.John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Eliot Christian <echristi@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:02:19 -0400
The NGEA term was in vogue in the Spring (as was UGEA for a time).
I'll use the simpler term "Geospatial Profile", and I'll change my
last bullet per Brenda's suggestion.    (01)

Eliot    (02)

At 11:16 AM 7/13/2005, Feinberg, Daniel, CTR, OSD-ATL wrote:
>I would also suggest as additional agenda items for the "NGEA Learning
>Event":
>
>+ What is the NGEA in relation to the UGEA?
>+ What is the NGEA in relation to the FEA Geospatial Profile? How are they
>similar or different?
>+ What is the role of the FGDC in shaping and sustaining the NGEA?
>+ What is the role of the NSDI, GOS, and the National Map in relation to
>the NGEA, UGEA, and FEA Geospatial Profile?
>
>This would go a long way to help clarify the sometimes confusing
>relationship between these various federal and national "geo" initiatives
>and investments.    (04)

I think the last couple of points belong in an forum among folks who are
familiar with the terms FGDC, NSDI, GOS, and National Map. Most attendees
at the EA conference in which I am speaking would not.    (05)

Eliot    (06)