cuo-wg

[cuo-wg] Completed exchange with Jim Hnedler

To: common upper ontology working group <cuo-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Schoening, James R C-E LCMC CIO/G6" <James.Schoening@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:20:30 -0500
CDSI WG,    (01)

      I completed about a dozen email exchanges with Jim Hendler.  Below is his
final response.      (02)

        The attached paper reflects some good points he made.   It now lists
"Ontology Mapping and Linking" as a candidate technical solution and recognizes
its promise in solving enterprising-wide data interoperability, but still only
rates it a 4 on the 9-level Technology Readiness Level scale. (This rating is
still open if anyone can give a good example of it being higher or lower.)  He
is not embracing or concuring with the paper, but his initial opposition seems
to have been resolved by the suggestions (good ones) I made.     (03)

      In a day or two, I'll post this again to the SICoP list, and if no other
technical comments, will remove the 'draft' and post it to our web site.  I'll
then call a teleconference to discuss how to get the paper out to the right
people.    (04)

Jim Schoening    (05)