cuo-wg

[cuo-wg] WC3 Solutions

To: "'common upper ontology working group'" <cuo-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Schoening, James R C-E LCMC CIO/G6" <James.Schoening@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:47:22 -0500
John,    (01)

        You say: " So, it may be useful to focus on ways to extend the proven
WWW model, via W3C processes, to accommodate the CDSI requirements before
branching out to seriously consider other less tried and proven approaches."    (02)

        I don't see that the W3C or Semantic Web community has a candidate
solution for CDSI.  Tim Berners-Lee talks about "let a thousand flowers bloom,"
but that's the old N**2 problem.   If they have a candidate solution, could
someone please explain it to us.    (03)

        (I agree all the candidate technical solution are unclear paths, and
none may work, but I believe large enterprises should try pursuing all viable
candidates.)    (04)

Jim Schoening    (05)