cuo-wg

[cuo-wg] Interop Wider Technology Focus

To: cuo-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Adrian Walker" <adriandwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:28:33 -0400
Hi All --

Adrian Walker here, newbie to the group.

As James said, there is exciting new technology out there, but how do we make it solve the interop problems?

I'd humbly suggest  that , while a CUO may be a necessary  component for interop, it will not be sufficient.  The technology focus should therefore be wider.

This is argued in general terms in [1,2] .  The basic idea is that part of the essential semantics is hidden in application code -- what will applications do with CUO terms -- and that technology to make that part transparent and auditable, at the business level, is needed.

I'm sure there will be lots of good discussion around this and other topics.  Just wanted to get my 2 cents in early.

                                              -- Adrian

[1]  http://www.semantic-conference.com/program/sessions/S2.html

[2]  http://www.reengineeringllc.com/A_Wiki_for_Business_Rules_in_Open_Vocabulary_Executable_English.pdf

Internet Business Logic (R)