wtkn-forum

[wtkn-forum] WTKN Meeting, Weds October 20, 10am PT

To: Western Transportation Knowlege Network <wtkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Kendra K. Levine" <klevine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:49:29 -0700
Tomorrow is the third Wednesday of the month, which means it's time for the WTKN call at 10am PT.
You can call in with these details: Dial-in Number: (218) 339-2500 Participant Access Code: 941862#

October 2010 WTKN Agenda:

1. Announcements
 - NTL Update
 - NTKN Projects: Digitization, Co-operative Collection Development, Co-operative Cataloguing, Web 2.0
 - RAC TKN Task-Force

2. Strategic Plan

Here is the first draft:
1. Who we are.
The Western Transportation Knowledge Network is a diverse group of transportation organizations focused on improving the access to transportation information, data and research to help the entire community.

2. Who do we serve?
WTKN members work to benefit participating organizations, through collaboration and regular communication. WTKN also partners with other groups that share an interest in the access and use of transportation information, such as AASHTO and TRB.

3. How do we excel?
WTKN members have established channels for communication and information sharing.  The diversity of membership provides a broader view of how transportation information is created and consumed. We leverage our diversity to help our members help their stakeholders while also working to help the general transportation community.

Questions? Comments? Thoughts?

3. TRB.
 - Poster session ideas?
 - Anything to hand out?

4. Project ideas?
 - Benchmarking?
 - Expertise directory?

5. WTKN Seminar Series

6. Round the table.

Kendra

--
Kendra K. Levine
Research, Outreach and Web Services Librarian.