wtkn-forum

[wtkn-forum] Research Help

To: wtkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Cheryl_Masukawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:01:11 -0700

Dear WTKN'ers,    (01)

I'm working on a research request and would like to ask for your help in
identifying resources or contacts.  I am trying to find the percentage and
geographic locations of U.S. roadways (both Federal highways/roadways and
state and local highways/roadways) that have a 30% slope or greater.  In
addition to federal, the states I am researching are limited to California,
New York, Wyoming, Arizona, Colorado and New Hampshire.    (02)

FHWA's Highway Statistics does not have this information.  I've spoken to
the librarian at the FHWA Turner Fairbank Library, and her feeling is that
IF the data is available, it may not be published data, but rather data
that would have to be compiled through a database.    (03)

If any of you could help point me in the right direction, it would be much
appreciated.    (04)

Thank you in advance for your help!    (05)

Best Regards,    (06)

Cheryl Masukawa
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Library & Information Services