soa-forum

Re: [soa-forum] transactional memory and SOA

To: bcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Service-Oriented Architecture CoP <soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paul Prueitt <psp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:50:08 -0600
Well, Brad...  yes my concept of a back-plate  is an extension of
your work.    (01)

this is an old argument between you and I, I am sorry to see it arise
again.. since I have never understood your in-ability the see the
issues as I have laid them out time and again.    (02)

Super-distribution is a technical solution to the digital IP concern,
but the stronger result is that any digital object not encoded as a
(back-plate) seed is not in accordance with a license governing
transfer of rights to use the property.  Thus any breach of the
intended license is easily seen as a breach of common property law.
The storage of the output of a seed, ie the complete property, is in
fact that same as possessing stolen property.    (03)

All legal uses of a digital property is thus via the back-plate and
thus instrumented 100%.  If an individual has a seed (gEDO) then this
will require contractual fulfillment on condition of the seed growing
into a full object.  If the individual has the output of the back-
plate and has stored this for use, then this is a violation of
property rights law.  Period.    (04)

Of course no Digital Rights technology would be 100% secure.   Just
as no property is immune from being stolen.  The point is that if it
is stolen property, it is immediately apparent that it is so.    (05)

The point is that law provides a solution when the technology of the
back-plate is purposefully violated.  The point that I think your
work on the nature of Intellectual Property (in your books) makes is
that an ear of corn cannot be bought without the transfer of the
property (completely).  The same is not true with current digital
properties.  However, if seeds always will report the use of the seed
to a back office micro-transaction accounting system (ie the back
plate) then all legal uses are reported and all illegal uses are in a
different form.    (06)

The seeds of the digital back-plate will have an instrumentation that
you have well specified.  This is appreciated.  The final security
comes from social law, as is proper and enforceable.    (07)

This Digital Rights Management solution is natural and straight
forward.  The use of the compression dictionaries and distributed
reformulation of these back-plate node generative capability adds to
this DRM solution by decreasing by 2 or 3 or 4 magnitudes the pipe
size required for any data transmission.  This is the part you missed.    (08)