soa-forum

[soa-forum] Fw: Proceedings of NCOIC Session on "Event Processing for Ne

To: soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Niemann.Brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:59:43 -0400

-----Forwarded by Brand Niemann/DC/USEPA/US on 10/03/2007 06:59PM -----

To: "Bob Marcus" <robert.marcus@xxxxxxx>
From: "Bob Marcus" <bobmarcus1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/02/2007 03:24PM
Subject: Proceedings of NCOIC Session on "Event Processing for Net-Centric Operations"

The proceedings for the NCOIC "Event Processing for Net-Centric Operations" session are available as a Zip file at http://home.comcast.net/~bobboulder/EP-Proceedings.zip  Let me know if you have any problem downloading the file. Feel free to contact me or the presenters if you have any follow-on questions.

   Bob Marcus

FYI: Event processing is a complementary technology to SOA  http://soa-eda.blogspot.com/2006/11/how-eda-extends-soa-and-why-it-is.html  There are an increasing number of Event Processing applications (e,g, logistics, intelligence) being deployed by multiple suppliers. However there is a strong need for future standardizations (e.g. reference models, event representations, pattern query languages) which could provide an opportunity for the NCOIC (with customers and collaborators) to influence future directions. An industry Event Processing Technical Society (EPTS) has also been formed to deal with some of these issues.