soa-forum

[soa-forum] Fw: Call for Volunteers: Practical Guide to Federal SOA

To: soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Niemann.Brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:02:26 -0500
FYI. Please participate in this and our January 23rd Workshop to learn more about it at http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/CollaborativeOrganizingWorkshopToPlanWorkshops_01_23_07

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Brand Niemann
SOA CoP Co-chair
-----Forwarded by Brand Niemann/DC/USEPA/US on 01/11/2007 12:58PM -----

To: chiusano_joseph@xxxxxxx, bcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Elkins, Nick" <Nick.Elkins@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jolly, Michael D" <Michael.D.Jolly@xxxxxxxxx>, scottwm0@xxxxxxx, richard.murphy@xxxxxxx, Kshmendra.Paul@xxxxxxxxx, stephanie_powers@xxxxxxx, srana@xxxxxxxxxxx, jonathan.rich@xxxxxxx, marion.royal@xxxxxxx, Kenneth.B.Sall@xxxxxxxx, g.thomas@xxxxxxx, rwtucker@xxxxxxxxx, Urman.Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kenneth.Boyd@xxxxxxxxxx, "Carr, Michael" <Michael.Carr@xxxxxxxxx>, tclarke@xxxxxxxxxxx, Kent.Craig@xxxxxxxxx, Hai.Dang@xxxxxxxxxx, guinant@xxxxxxxxxx, Anil.John@xxxxxxxxxx, Mason.McDaniel@xxxxxxxxxx, Miller_Mark@xxxxxxx, Michael.Richards@xxxxxxxxxx, chadms@xxxxxxx, jsalasin@xxxxxxxx, rex.stratton@xxxxxxx, sdwarkanath@xxxxxxxxxxx, Shau-Fai.Tse@xxxxxxxxxx, jermey.warren@xxxxxxxxx, gary.washington@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Nejad, Mitra" <Mitra.Nejad@xxxxxxxxx>, neil.henderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cjr@xxxxxxxxx, Vivek.Pande@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AAnders@xxxxxxxx, james.boyter@xxxxxxxxxxx, dmayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, grieg@xxxxxxxxxx, Brand Niemann/DC/USEPA/US@EPA, mrh@xxxxxxxxx, Kim.Richeson@xxxxxxxxxx, Linda.Dinga@xxxxxxx, Frank.Lu@xxxxxxxxx, Yan.Zhao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bryanja@xxxxxxx, jamestb@xxxxxxxx, mike.dunham@xxxxxxxxxx
From: "Elkins, Nick" <Nick.Elkins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/11/2007 10:50AM
Subject: Call for Volunteers: Practical Guide to Federal SOA

All,
We are soliciting participants and team leads for the development of the Practical Guide to Federal Service Oriented Architecture. This is a collaborative effort among government (AIC/BPC) and industry (IAC). We hope you will volunteer to support this important undertaking and will canvas your colleagues to volunteer as well.

We will be establishing an editorial board (executive steering committee) and putting in place a project coordinator. The editorial board will provide overall direction and arbitrate differences in approach, direction, etc. The project coordinator will manage the project plan and will facilitate collaboration among the team leads.

We want this to be a collaborative process and welcome participation from all who are interested/knowledgeable about SOA and are good writers. For the team leads we are looking for individuals with some expertise in the specific areas of the paper (see below). The team leads will be expected to lead the discussions and writing for the topic areas and to coordinate with the other team leads so that some consistency can be maintained.

The topic areas for which we seek team leads are (this is draft and subject to change):

  • SOA Drivers & Rationale
  • Executive Support and SOA Governance
  • SOA Adoption & Management
  • SOA and EA
  • SOA Infrastructure
  • Service Delivery and Composition
  • SOA and Other Management Processes

In terms of schedule, we expect the majority of the effort to take place in this quarter (Jan ? Mar), so it is a fairly ambitious undertaking. We hope to spread the effort so that it does not place too much of a burden on any individual. Please help out if you can. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact on how the Federal government works.

To volunteer, please reply to this email with your contact info (and area of expertise).  Please include Dave Mayo ( dmayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ) and Mike Dunham ( mike.dunham@xxxxxxxxxx ) in your email as they are leading this effort.

Thank you,

Nicholas Elkins
U.S. Department of Justice
Office of Policy & Planning Staff
Enterprise Architecture Program Management Office (EAPMO)
202-616-9385 (office) || 646-345-1407 (mobile)
nick.elkins@xxxxxxxxx