pgfsoa-infra
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [pgfsoa-infra] FW: [PGFSOA] Meetings Friday, May 11 - 4 PM

To: "'pgfsoa - SOA Infrastructure'" <pgfsoa-infra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:34:48 -0400
Message-id: <4B7FBEA851F64226A8B75B0F3C3D455F@Towerstrides1>

I plan to. Any suggestion which one should I go?

Vijay Raghavan

TowerStrides Inc.

4229 Lafayette Center Dr. Ste 1200

Chantilly, VA 20151

Tel:703-953-1531

Fax:702-953-1569

Cell:571-243-5312

http://www.towerstrides.com

This email message, including any attached files, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

From: pgfsoa-infra-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pgfsoa-infra-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Gunderson
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 10:25 AM
To: pgfsoa-infra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pgfsoa-infra] FW: [PGFSOA] Meetings Friday, May 11 - 4 PM

Friends, anyone dialing in this afternoon?  Best, Chris

Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:23 PM
To: 'Chris Gunderson'
Cc: RFarrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [PGFSOA] Meetings Friday, May 11 - 4 PM

Chris,

I’ve copied the content from “Draft One” section on the wiki.  I split the input into two sections at the heading “Practical Guidance”.  Everything before went into Target (Vision), everything after into Keys for Implementation.

Content looks good.  Please pass along my thanks to your team.

Do you think anyone else from your team will be able to make it to cover the other concurrent call?  One group will be addressing the Target section the other, Keys for Implementation.

Thanks,

Dan

Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 5:48 PM
To: 'Daniel Ellis'
Subject: RE: [PGFSOA] Meetings Friday, May 11 - 4 PM

Dan, 80% chance I’ll come in person on Fri.  At this moment I have to stick with the content on the wiki for our input…however we’ve got lots of work going on behind the scenes… Take a look at http://www.giglab.org/wiki/index.php?title=CANES A work in progress, but will serve double duty for PGFSOA and Navy CANES… expect smooth draft finished by COB tomorrow.  Best, Chris

Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 4:27 PM
To: Darren Ash; dellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; dmayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; George Thomas; John Sullivan; Kshemendra Paul; Mabry, Roy, Mr, OSD-NII; 'Bob Farrow'; 'Chris Gunderson'; 'Craig Miller'; 'Dan Pitton'; 'Ervin Reeves'; 'Ira Sachs'; 'John Harby'; 'Ken Gill'; 'Kent Craig'; 'Melvin Greer'; Moon, Roger H.; 'Raphael Malveaux'; 'Steve Elky'; 'Steven Else'; 'Tom Lucas'; 'Yair Rajwan'; 'Bob Haycock'; Kate Montaner; Mike Dunham; Patrick Heinig; cushing_josiah@xxxxxxx; gary.berg-cross@xxxxxxxx; Jeremy.epstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Vijay.Raghavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Andrew Chiu; 'Brad Cox'; Brad Long; 'Cara Race'; Casteel, John (IntelliDyne); Chris Brown; 'Christopher White'; 'Dan Horsey'; Daryl Knuth; 'David Fado'; 'Dennis Wisnosky'; 'Dov Levy'; 'Ian Rowlands'; JACK.HILTY@xxxxxxxx; 'James Kepler'; 'Jill McKinnon'; 'John Rollins'; 'Joseph Zebrook'; jsalasin; jschneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'Ken Mullins'; 'Kenneth Sall'; Kimberly.A.Rabe@xxxxxxx; 'Manny Tayas'; 'Manoj Mansukhani'; Marion Royal; nehra_sanjeev@xxxxxxx; Neil Henderson; 'Nick Elkins'; Niemann.Brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'Perry Shelton'; 'Perry Shelton2'; 'Raju Prasannappa'; 'Rick Tucker'; 'Rob Montgomery'; 'Rob Patrick'; 'Ron Kuppersmith'; 'Steven Link'; 'Sudhir Rana'; Susan Turnbull; 'Tom Bigott'; 'Tom Urman'; Ward.Dalroy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Wolf Tombe; 'Yan Zhao'
Subject: [PGFSOA] Meetings Friday, May 11 - 4 PM

An update and reminder that we plan to hold meetings this Friday, May 11, 4 PM.  Thomas and Herbert can accommodate us in team rooms at their EA COE in Rosslyn (address below).  Please let me know if your team representative will be attending in person or via conference call so that I can coordinate the larger room to the group with the most attendees.

Please do provide your team inputs to me by COB, tomorrow, Wednesday, May 9 so that I may compile them and distribute on Thursday.  See original assignment below.

I’m also looking for volunteers to host a supporting conference call for the meetings.  We’ll need dial-in numbers for each:  (1) Rationale Meeting (2) Target Architecture meeting (3) Keys for Implementation Meeting.  Please drop a note with call-in details and the meeting you will support if you are able to provide telecom services.

Please keep in mind the Editorial Board guidance below as you work.  Editorial Board reiterates the following principles as you rework your sections.

1. We must focus on Federal government challenges.  Those areas, problems, and opportunities unique to the federal government environment.
  2. We will not repeat standard SOA basics found in other places, but will, where necessary reference them.  Authoring teams should plan to identify the leading works in their areas for consideration as part of the definition of a standard body of knowledge.

Thanks for your continued support of the PGFSOA effort.

Meeting Location

--------------------------

Thomas & Herbert Northern VA/EA Center of Excellence
1901 North Moore Street
Suite 700
Arlington, VA 22209
Phone: 703.248.8116
Fax: 703.248.8320
» Get directions

There is a parking garage across the street.

Please feel free to call if you have any questions.  I look forward to seeing you this Friday.

Daniel Ellis

Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 11:48 AM
To: (cushing_josiah@xxxxxxx); (gary.berg-cross@xxxxxxxx); (Jeremy.epstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx); (Vijay.Raghavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx); Andrew Chiu; 'Brad Cox'; Brad Long; 'Cara Race'; Casteel, John (IntelliDyne); Chris Brown (chris.daniel.brown@xxxxxx); 'Christopher White'; 'Dan Horsey'; Daryl Knuth (Daryl.Knuth@xxxxxxxxxx); 'David Fado'; 'Dennis Wisnosky'; 'Dov Levy'; 'Ian Rowlands'; JACK.HILTY@xxxxxxxx; 'James Kepler'; 'Jill McKinnon'; 'John Rollins'; 'Joseph Zebrook'; jsalasin; jschneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'Ken Mullins'; 'Kenneth Sall'; Kimberly.A.Rabe@xxxxxxx; 'Manny Tayas'; 'Manoj Mansukhani'; Marion Royal (marion.royal@xxxxxxx); nehra_sanjeev@xxxxxxx; Neil Henderson (neil.henderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx); 'Nick Elkins'; Niemann.Brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'Perry Shelton'; 'Perry Shelton2'; 'Raju Prasannappa'; 'Rick Tucker'; 'Rob Montgomery'; 'Rob Patrick'; 'Roger Moon'; 'Ron Kuppersmith'; 'Steven Link'; 'Sudhir Rana'; Susan Turnbull; 'Tom Bigott'; 'Tom Urman'; Ward.Dalroy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Wolf Tombe (wolf.tombe@xxxxxxx); 'Yan Zhao'; 'Bob Haycock'; dellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; dmayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Kate Montaner; Mike Dunham (mike.dunham@xxxxxxxxxx); Patrick Heinig; 'Bob Farrow'; 'Chris Gunderson'; 'Craig Miller'; 'Dan Pitton'; 'Ervin Reeves'; 'Ira Sachs'; 'John Harby'; 'Ken Gill'; 'Kent Craig'; 'Melvin Greer'; 'Raphael Malveaux'; 'Steve Elky'; 'Steven Else'; 'Tom Lucas'; 'Yair Rajwan'; Darren Ash (dba1@xxxxxxx); George Thomas (g.thomas@xxxxxxx); John Sullivan (Sullivan.John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx); Kshemendra Paul (kshemendra.paul@xxxxxxxxx); Mabry, Roy, Mr, OSD-NII (Roy.Mabry@xxxxxxx)
Cc: 'ddurcsak@xxxxxxx'
Subject: [PGFSOA] Status Update - Next meetings Friday, May 11 - Time TBD

We are entering our Spring push to drive out the initial draft for “A Practical Guide to Federal SOA”.  Given SOA interest and progress throughout the government I feel the need for this is greater than ever.

The Editorial Board met this morning for a brief touch-base to review team status reports I have been receiving.  Teams are progressing at different paces.  As a result, the Editorial Board would like to solicit input from the team leads (or their designees) through focused meetings next Friday afternoon (May 11, 2007).

We’d like to have a complete compilation to use as a single baseline for all the meetings.  Please provide input (key messages or draft) for the sections you’ve been assigned by COB May 9 so that I can compile it and disseminate in advance of May 11 meetings.

1.  Kshemendra Paul will lead a meeting to discuss the Introduction and Rationale – Rationale Team should all attend if available.

2.  George Thomas will lead a meeting on PGFSOA Target Architecture – A representative from each team (other than the Rationale team) should be designated to attend.

3.  Roy Mabry will lead a meeting on Keys for Implementation – A representative from each team (other than the Rationale team) should be designated to attend.

The Roadmap section will be addresses in a subsequent call after we make some progress on these other sections.

Please reserve time on your calendars to attend one of these calls targeted for the afternoon of Friday, May 11, and I’ll send meeting details as they become available:

Team co-leads please support me in the following:

1. Designating team members to attend the meetings – please let me know who plans to attend for your team.
  2. Submitting work products (key messages or drafts) by COB Wednesday, May 9.  For compilation into our working draft, I’ll need you to structure your input within our current outline (attached).

Anyone that has not yet been assigned to an authoring team and would like to be assigned please contact me.  I apologize if I missed you during latest round of assignments.

Please feel free to call and discuss if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Daniel Ellis

Everware-CBDI

Director, Enterprise Solutions

Mobile:  (703) 966-0739

Office: (703) 246-0000 x113

E-Mail: dellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"A Practical Guide to Federal SOA" Collaboration Site: http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PracticalGuideToFederalSOA

SOA Knowledge Base: www.CBDiForum.com

Company web-site:  www.Everware-CBDi.com

Independent guidance for service architecture and engineering

Shared Files: http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/pgfsoa/pgfsoa-infra/
Community Wiki: http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PracticalGuideToFederalSOA
Community Portal: http://colab.cim3.net/
To Post: mailto:pgfsoa-infra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx    (01)
<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>