RE: [ontac-forum] Universal Data Element Framework (UDEF) question

To: "ONTAC-WG General Discussion" <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ron.l.schuldt@xxxxxxxx>
From: "Arsic, Antoinette" <aarsic@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 20:45:10 -0500
I think the DoD Core Taxonomy (Focus Group) went through a lot of the same. It is now part of the Taxonomy Gallery in the Dod XML Metadata Registry.  We went from

Action Documentation Location Purpose
Activity Event Media Resource
Agreement Feature Organization Role
Capability Guidance Person Situation
Communication Information Property Structure

to:

Account Asset Guidance Person     Environment
Action Capability Interval Location     Event
Agreement Function Organization Role

Development resources we used consisted of or included:

CIM Data Buckets       Activity Models        Word Net         DoD Publications
CJCS Publications       COI Taxonomies      Dictionaries            Professional Groups
Data Models       Open Cyc         On-line Sources     And Various Others

Antoinette Arsic
Sr. Information Systems Engineer
The MITRE Corporation
703-337-9016 (VOIP)
*703-983-5286 (new office number, was 883)
*443-567-2703 (new cell)