RE: [ontac-forum] First meeting of ONTACWG, October 5, 2005 McLean VA

To: "ONTAC-WG General Discussion" <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Cassidy,Patrick J." <pcassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:33:38 -0400
Nil,
  I imagine that the morning (9 AM - Noon or 12:30) will be taken up by
presentations, and they may spill over into the afternoon.  Afternoon
is available for general discussion or break-out sessions, but we only
have one room, so PM should be pretty informal.  At this point I have
no feel at all for the number of attendees (If you are coming there
will be at least two), or how many may want to talk.    (01)

Auto would probably take 4-1/2 to 5 hours if you arrive close to 9.
The Beltway can take an hour to get around from I-95 to McLean in rush
hour, but 20 minutes before 6 AM (my favorite travel time).  Trains
would stop in Washington, and the Washington Metro (subway)  doesn't
quite reach MITRE in McLean (we have a shuttle for MITRE employees
only, from the closest Metro station -- West Falls Church -- to our
offices).  A taxi might be needed for the last leg into McLean.  I will
get more detail about transport and accommodations soon.    (02)

Hotels in the area are rather expensive: the MITRE "special rate"
varies from $100 to $153 a night; normal rates are ca. 50% higher.    (03)

Pat    (04)

Patrick Cassidy
MITRE Corporation
260 Industrial Way