Re: [ontac-forum] Weekly Note

To: ONTAC-WG General Discussion <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 20:26:33 -0700
Thank you, Pat, for the message, and the help in documenting how
people can start making use of the ONTACWG online workspaces.    (01)

For those who are new to the COLAB community collaborative work
environment ("COLAB cwe"), please refer to some of the
documentation and hints under anyone of Susan's CWE orientation
sessions, such as the one at:    (02)

http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CommunityLearning_CWE/ConferenceCalls_2005_03_25    (03)

... better still, contact Susan Turnbull
<susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx>, the COLAB CWE-administrator, to
indicate your interest to join her at the next orientation session.    (04)

One small suggestion:    (05)

 > [Pat] create a new account - the name and
 > password don't matter. ...    (06)

[ppy] While that is technically true, the policy (as I have heard
it from Susan) for the COLAB community (which, presumably, is a
trusted community of practice) is for all users to create an
account in their real name, in WikiWord format (for example, for
Pat Cassidy and Peter Yim, they would create user accounts as
"PatCassidy" and "PeterYim" respectively.)    (07)

The above will allow your contributions to be properly
attributed, and can help us identify, quickly, whether a
community member (or if it is, say, a potential spammer) writing
into the wiki.    (08)

Also, please use a password (even if it is very simple), just to
make sure, nobody spoofs your account after it has been created.    (09)

In open wiki's, discerning between trusted members of the
community and malicious intruders (such as spammers) is a big
deal ... and every little detail counts. Everyone's help is
solicited.    (010)

Please feel free to email Pat, Susan or myself if there is a
question on how to make the best of the cwe workspaces.    (011)

Regards.  =ppy
--    (012)