ontac-dev

[ontac-dev] CL and automated reasoning

To: richard.murphy@xxxxxxx
Cc: ontac-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Chris Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:55:35 -0600
Is everyone on the original mega-cc-list on the ontac-dev list?  I'm
getting the feeling some people aren't, since not everyone is using it
yet.    (01)

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 07:45:14PM -0500, richard.murphy@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Also, from below: What reasoner or rules engines are currently
> available to execute common logic and its derivatives.    (02)

Common Logic (without the sequence variable extension) is a full,
classical first-order framework.  (Common Logic itself, BTW, is not a
language, but a general framework for specifying a class of languages,
called *dialects*.) Hence, with a little pre-processing, sentences in
any CL dialect can be handed to any full first-order reasoner: OTTER,
Prover9, SNARK, Vulcan, Isabelle, <your favorite FOL reasoner here>, ...    (03)

-chris    (04)