geo-forum

RE: [geo-forum] Geospatial Profile Evaluation

To: "'ddnebert@xxxxxxxx'" <ddnebert@xxxxxxxx>, 'GEA COP WG' <geo-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, cwg-M@xxxxxxxx
Cc: "Cullis, Brian, Col, OSD-ATL" <Brian.Cullis@xxxxxxx>, "LaBranche, David, CTR, OSD-ATL" <David.LaBranche.CTR@xxxxxxx>, "Feinberg, Daniel, CTR, OSD-ATL" <Daniel.Feinberg.ctr@xxxxxxx>
From: "Feinberg, Daniel, CTR, OSD-ATL" <Daniel.Feinberg.ctr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:17:48 -0500

Hi Doug -

My suggestion would be to better understand the linkage and relationship between the FEA Geospatial Profile and the newly-announced Geospatial Line of Business (LoB) being driven by OMB. It is still unclear (to me, at least) what the relationship (and potentially, overlap) is between these two initiatives.

Our understanding is that FGDC is leading weekly meetings setting a strategy to prepare a Geospatial LoB strategy. That strategy, after the first LoB meeting last week and the OMB announcement meeting at DoI the week before, is still unclear (we had a representative sit in on the first Geo LoB meeting last week via telecon).

Sugestion to consider:
Does it make sense to (temporarily) go into a holding pattern on the eval (pilots) of the FEA Geospatial Profile until there's a more clear context and understanding from OMB and FGDC on the relationship between the two?

I will be travelling, but we will make all attempts to have a DoD Business Domain representative on the 3 April kick-off planning telecon.

Best regards,
Dan Feinberg
Chief Architect
Defense Installation Spatial Data Infrastructure
Office of the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Installations and Environment,
Business Enterprise Integration Directorate
(703) 604-4616