etkn-forum

Re: [etkn-forum] By Nov 4 - a short survey (one question) about the data

To: Eastern Transportation Knowledge Network <etkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Wyche, Stardina" <swyche@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Jared, David" <djared@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:59:50 -0500

Sandy:  GDOT completed the survey, but it triggered a question which may merit a separate survey.  Do you have a feel for how many ETKN states have “e-libraries” of scanned old research reports?  Our librarian has scanned our old research reports back to the 1960’s, and we’re curious if most other states have done this.  If so, this may allow us to discard old hardcopies and use our limited space for something else.

Thank you,

David

David M. Jared, P.E.

Special Research Engineer

Georgia DOT/Office of Materials & Research

15 Kennedy Dr., Forest Park, GA, 30297-2534

Voice: 404.363.7569; Cell: 404.713.6549

"...the truth is in Jesus"--Ephesians 4:21

Video overview of OMR:  www.dot.ga.gov/informationcenter/pressroom/Pages/omr.aspx.