etkn-forum

Re: [etkn-forum] ETKN Marketing Materials and Upcoming AASHTO RACMeeting

To: <etkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Lynn Matis" <LMatis@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:02:20 -0400
Hi Ken,    (01)

I'll vote for #3, ( as it says transportation clearly, and it seemed clear and
definitive!"    (02)

Have a good weekend,    (03)

Lynn    (04)

Lynn Matis
Chief Librarian and Archivist
State Transportation Library
10 Park Plaza  2nd floor
Boston, MA  02116    (05)

>>> "Winter, Kenneth A." <Ken.Winter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 6/27/2008 12:58 PM >>>
Dear ETKN Members-    (06)

This e-mail is to update you on preparations I am making for the
upcoming AASHTO RAC meeting in Portland, ME, which I will be attending
in a couple weeks.    (07)

I will be representing ETKN at RAC at meeting of an AASHTO Task Force,
in Portland, ME, July 14-17 and I look forward to sharing with you what
goes on in our next ETKN conference call on the 24th of July.  Several
other members of ETKN may be there too, I believe, including Barbara
Post (TRB) and Sandy Brady (LTRC)...and perhaps others...so they can
update you too.    (08)

As an FYI I am attaching a memo from Wes Lum (chair of RAC) to this
e-mail to keep you up to date on why this task force was formed.      (09)

An important "opportunity" at RAC overall is a chance to promote the
ETKN, and possibly gain new awareness of our mission and even new
members.  To this end, the coordinators of the Pooled Fund Study for
Library Connectivity invited us to give them ETKN marketing materials
for a booth they are setting up.  Specifically: a logo, a brochure, and
a Web site.      (010)

Thanks to fast action and some volunteers, we are developing those items
at record speed!    (011)

Kathy Martin from FHWA has volunteered to work on a brochure, which we
will submit for your comments soon.  We can tinker with this up to close
of business July 11th.  Thank you Kathy!    (012)

Sandy Brady will be working on the Web site, which we'll also run by you
soon.  We can tinker with that up to July 11th.  For now, we just need
to get something online.  Thank you Sandy!    (013)

Finally, and most importantly, Eileen Gallager from the Delaware Valley
Regional Planning Commission, has secured a talented artist there to
help us design a logo.  Today the artist sent a contact sheet with
multiple logos "ideas" on it.  In the interest of time, I asked her to
use a popular color palate.  I am attaching her sketches as a pdf.    (014)

I need you to look at the attached pdf file and vote for a logo design
for her to proceed with toward a "finished product."  These are only
sketches.  She will need time to draft one...then we will use that to
build our brochure and Web site around.  I see a lot of great design
elements here, however, I took the liberty of labeling what I believe
are the top 4 designs that will work as logos and banner art for these
specific needs.      (015)

I'll start the voting process.  I vote for #3!    (016)

Please get your vote to me by close of business next Monday the 30th.
Please send your response to me directly at:    (017)

Ken.winter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     (018)

I apologize that we have to rush this, but time is of the essence, and
due to the late nature of the invitation to promote this way, we weren't
given much lead time.      (019)

The brochure and web site will come after the logo, so please vote ASAP!    (020)

Thank you.    (021)

P.S. My hope is to have a logo that will last at least 5 years.
However, if there are strong feelings about a logo redesign after this
RAC meeting is over, we can do that...    (022)

Ken Winter, MLIS
Director of Library and Information Services
VDOT Research Library
530 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Ph: (434) 293-1959 FAX: (434) 293-4196
Email: Ken.Winter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Ken.Winter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Intranet: http://rclibrary <http://rclibrary/>     (023)

________________________________________________________________________    (024)

This email/electronic message, including any attached files, is being sent by
the MBTA.  It is solely intended for the recipient(s) and may contain
information that is proprietary, confidential, legally privileged, and/or
exempt from disclosure pursuant to state and federal law.  If you have received
this message in error or are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the
sender immediately by reply, and delete all copies of this email/electronic
message and any attached files from your computer.  If you are the intended
recipient(s), you may use the information contained in this email/electronic
message and any attached files only as authorized by the MBTA. Any unauthorized
use, dissemination, or disclosure of this email/electronic message and/or its
attached files is strictly prohibited.     (025)