etkn-forum

Re: [etkn-forum] Dear ETKN Members: Great News!

To: Eastern Transportation Knowledge Network <etkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: SandraBrady@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:58:16 -0500

Ken,
I'm always ready to volunteer to keep my web page skills from getting too rusty... Or just call me "sucker."

In my pre-transportation life I wrote and maintained all of this site - http://www.lib.lsu.edu/instruction/
If the content is written I can get the pages coded pretty quickly - nothing fancy, but that can come later :)
Sandy

"Winter, Kenneth A." <Ken.Winter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: etkn-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

06/24/2008 03:34 PM
Please respond to
Eastern Transportation Knowledge Network <etkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<etkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[etkn-forum] Dear ETKN Members: Great News!

Dear ETKN  Members-

I have great news  about some breaking events that will have a high payoff for  us.

I have been asked to  represent our TKN at the upcoming AASHTO Research Advisory meeting in Portland  Maine on July 14-17.  I will be there in part to attend the conference but  also to sit in as a member of an official RAC Task Group on the development of  TKNs.  This is an unprecedented level of visibility for TKN libraries and  I will be joined by many influential library supporters and joining  with members of the Western and Midwestern TKNs in this project.   Now for the  breaking news part...

ETKN has been  invited to provide marketing materials for a display area that will be set  up by the pooled fund for library connectivity.  We knew we'd need a  brochure, logo, website, etc. sooner or later.  Turns out it is sooner!

Eileen Gallagher,  ETKN member from DVRPC (online at: http://www.dvrpc.org/), and I had discussed  things they might do to help ETKN several weeks ago, and  possible graphics  support was one thing.  So the first thing I did was pick up the phone and  contact Eileen.  It took some work, but through a very gracious effort to  represent the value of ETKN to her management, Eileen has amazed me  by securing the services of a graphic artist there, who is sketching out  some logo ideas even as I write this.

I apologize for not  running this by you first, time was of the essence.  I gave her several  excellent examples of logos of other library consortia and a few color ideas and  general concepts and she is on it!

If you have a  chance, please join me in thanking Eileen for this amazing work she is  doing!

I believe we have  all the verbiage and some great design ideas for a great little brochure  (we have many, many examples to emulate...) but we need a volunteer to help put  that together.  So my first question is:

1. Can any of you  take on a brochure project with a 2-week turnaround time?  It doesn't have  to be YOU doing the work...in fact, if you have a graphic designer who  can help, that may be the best way to go.  Then again, you all have many  talents, so maybe that would be something someone could volunteer to do?   Any volunteers????????

2. We are in the  process of setting up a web site at http://www.etkn.org   I need a  webmaster (ideally someone who has developed or maintained web pages before) and  who has the time and the software to do this.  Again, we have most all of  the copy that would go there...we just need someone to be in charge and to see  the design through.  It needs to be functional but not perfect by July  13.  Any volunteers?????

For both of these  items, we need to get something done to meet the July 13 deadline.  We can  continue to use the brochure or take more time to revise it and make it better  later.  The web site will be a work we're always  revising.

Thanks and again, I  am sorry for such short notice!

Ken Winter, MLIS
Director of Library and Information Services
VDOT Research Library
530  Edgemont Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Ph: (434) 293-1959 FAX: (434)  293-4196
Email: Ken.Winter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Intranet: http://rclibrary

Shared Files: