cuo-wg

Re: [cuo-wg] How would you rate these semantictechnologies?Conf erenceCa

To: "common upper ontology working group" <cuo-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Uschold, Michael F" <michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:02:14 -0800
I agree with Pat. Rating OWL a 9 seems inappropriate.
It is a 9 from a technical maturity point of view, having evolved from
decades of AI/KR research. But the maturity of a language is not very
interesting. How mature are the tools? Who has used them for what? There
are few if any OWL applications that are in mainstream production, so
I'd lower the rating a few ticks.    (01)

M.     (02)

Michael Uschold
M&CT, Phantom Works
425 373-2845
michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx

COOL TIP: to skip the phone menu tree and get a human on the phone, go
to: http://gethuman.com/tips.html     (04)